Westman Steel: Installation Guide Tools Required
Tools and equipment, required, will vary by job, and by profile.
Depending on application, you may, or may not, require some or all of the following:
- Metal shears, nibblers, power shears or circular saw with metal-cutting cutting blade. Note: Saw cut edges can be jagged, unsightly and tend to rust sooner than sheared edges. Hot metal filings are produced when saw cutting, which may embed in and damage the paint coating. Also, saw cutting burns the paint and galvanizing treatment, leading to the onset of edge rust.
- Metal snips (left edge, right edge and centerline cutting snips).
- Hem bending tool
- Gloves and protective clothing
- Safety goggles and ear plugs (Eye and ear protection)
- Tape measure and chalk line
- Rubber mallet
- Screw gun or drill (adjustable clutch recommended)
- 1/4”, 5/16”, 3/8” sockets – must be lobular and replaced after 10,000 to 15,000 fasteners
- Drill bits, screw bits
- Pop rivet gun
- Caulking gun
- Pencils and markers
- Utility knife
- Locking sheet metal pliers
- Hammer staplers